Status #10964

Dear Ubuntu friends, Please, find below the minutes from last meeting, [...]


Marbella, Andalucía
via Ubuntu - Spain - Malaga - Marbella
Dear Ubuntu friends,
Please, find below the minutes from last meeting, kindly put together by Helen. We have been wondering whether organising the meetings on a different day of the week would bring about more participation. Would you please respond to this email letting us know which day of the week would allow you to participate? We will then try to accommodate accordingly.

Notes from the meeting 29th April 2016:
6 people present: Cristina, Wilfred, Victoria, Tony, Helen and Joel
The meditation led by Cristina before the meeting began was much appreciated.
1. Discussion about when to have the meetings - Friday is perhaps not the best day.
Cristina will send out an email to ask other 7 people which day/time would suit them better. Date and time of next meeting to be confirmed after feedback from others.
Decision to meet once a week in the short term until we have more members. Then working groups will work together on various projects (financial, food, marketing etc.) coming together as one group once a month.
2. Need to expand the group and educate more people - we would like Nicole to send out an email on our behalf inviting people to join our group..
3. Wilfred expressed the importance of supporting MT in S Africa - to ensure the Ubuntu party gets elected and the first Ubuntu town can come into being. This led to a discussion about money and the sad need for money in order to establish a new system.
Victoria expressed doubts as to how sending money to Michael could help but over all the group felt it was a useful tool for both supporting the vision of One Small Town as well as attracting new people to the movement here in Malaga.
4. Idea to raise money for the Ubuntu Party by having a healing fair at Cristina's house - it will also serve as a good invitation for people to find out more about Ubuntu - and will be a good email and possible subject for media coverage by Nicole - as well as helps promote the individuals participating.
The event would offer healing of various kinds, photography, music, food, drinks, a raffle, tarot cards etc.
Members will make contact with other friends who might like to participate and offer their support. Tentative date for the event is 21st May. (Taking into account the availability of Cristina’s place and that the elections are the 3rd of August, therefore, MT needs the funds as soon as possible)
5. Next week we will finalize event and create text for a flyer/email/facebook post.
Please, bring your ideas of how you would like to participate, or if you cannot attend the next meeting, please, send them by email.
Please login to make a comment

© 2014 - 2019 Prepare For Change
Prepare For Change is powered by Coeō © 2014 - 2019 Coeō (Matthew Dowle) | Designed and developed by Matthew Dowle | Coeō Terms and Conditions / Legal | Sitemap